Make protecting it your first priority in the new year!
Being a Monday morning quarterback when data is lost and your company suffers a major IT security blow is NOT the best time to think abouthaving a sure fire back up plan to prevent this kind of disaster from happening.
The best thing YOU can do is to get yourself into a management and monitoring plan with a great IT company and you will not have to shake in your business shoes over these statistics!
- The average failure of disk and tape drives is 100% - all drives eventually fail.
- Approximately 140,000+ hard drives fail in the US every week.
- 58% of small businesses do not have a plan for data loss.
- Only 34% of companies test their tape backups and of those who do, 77% have found failures.
- 93% of companies who lose their data for 10 days or more declare bankruptcy within one year; 50% file for bankruptcy immediately.
- 20% of small to medium-sized businesses suffer major data-loss disaster every five years.
- More than half of critical corporate data resides on unprotected PC desktops and laptops.
- Key causes for data loss are:
- 78% Hardware or system malfunction
- 11% Human error
- 7% Software corruption or program malfunction
- 2% Computer viruses
- 1% Natural disasters
- 1% Other
- Only 25% of users frequently back up their files, yet 85% of those same users say they are very concerned about losing important digital data.
- More than 22% said backing up their PC’s was on their “To Do” list, but they seldom do it.
- 30% of companies report that they still do not have a disaster recovery program in place, and 2 out of 3 feel their data backup and disaster recovery plans have significant vulnerabilities.
- 1 in 25 notebooks are stolen, broken or destroyed each year.
- Today’s hard drives store 500 times the data stored on the drives of a decade ago. This increased capacity amplifies the impact of data loss, making mechanical precision more critical.
- You have a 30% chance of having a corrupted file within a one-year time frame.
If you are wondering whether or not you are doing enough to protect your data, you probably could use some more support! Let us know how we can help. We offer free audits for your existing security and great service programs to keep you data safe and sound.
About Tech 2020 Solutions
Tech 2020 Solutions offers complete turn-key solutions for the technologies thatdrive your business, stores and secures your data and helps you communicate in and outside of your company.
Offering offer multiple levels of on-site and remote support, monitoring and maintenance for your data, IT, phones and peripheral equipment needs including:
general IT Support and Services, Cloud Storage and Applications, Network Security,
Back Up, Mobile Solutions, VoIP Phone Systems, Unified Communications, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and other Scalable Technologies.
Visit www.Tech2020Solutions.com to learn more about Tech 2020 Solutions, Inc. or call 516-876-8761 or emailinfo@Tech2020solutions.com.
Power Up with John Hassler is a blog distributed by Tech 2020 Solutions, Inc. and written by John Hassler, President and Founder of the company. To reach John, contact him at 516.876.8761 or via email at news@Tech2020Solutions.com. Connect on Linked In and Facebook.