- Only 34% of companies test their tape backups and of those who do, 77% have found failures.
- 60% of companies that lose their data will go out of business within 6 months of the disaster. Ouch!
- Over ½ of critical corporate data resides on unprotected PC desktops and laptops.
- Key causes for data loss are:
11% Human error
7% Software corruption or program malfunction
2% Computer viruses
1% Natural disasters
- Only 25% of users frequently back up their files, yet 85% of those same users say they are very concerned about losing important digital data.
- More than 22% said backing up their PC’s was on their “To Do” list but they seldom do it.
- 30% of companies report that they still do not have a disaster recovery program in place, and 2 out of 3 feel their data backup and disaster recovery plans have significant vulnerabilities.
- 1 in 25 notebooks are stolen, broken or destroyed each year.
- Today’s hard drives store 500 times the data stored on the drives of a decade ago. This increased capacity amplifies the impact of data loss, making mechanical precision more critical.
- You have a 30% chance of having a corrupted file within a one-year time frame.